Welcome to the newest feature on MYFO: Welcome Back! We know there’s a lot of fans of football teams that have nothing to pay attention to anymore. Knowing that, they’re turning to other sports. We’re happy to help. Every time a football team’s season ends, we’ll welcome those fans back to the fold by giving them an update as to what that city’s team has been up to this year.
Welcome back, Cowboys fans!
First things first: AaaaaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAhhhhhhahawoo. Ok, that felt good.
YOUR Dallas Stars have played excellent hockey this year, despite embracing mediocrity in the New Year (4-5-1 in the last 10.) They stand just two points back in the Pacific of the San Jose Sharks. The story of the year in Big D has to be Habs-castoff Mike Ribiero’s 22 goals. 22 you say? That’s not that many. I suppose that’s true – it’s not like that’s good enough for the Top Ten (13th in fact.) However, it is worth mentioning because…wait for this…
He’s only taken 65 shots.
That’s right – Ribiero has a shooting percentage of over 33 per cent. Fulton Reed would die for those kind of numbers. The next closest sniper is Colorado’s Marek Svatos, and he’s a full 10 per cent back! Note to Dave Tippett: You should probably design a few more plays that involve MIKE RIBIERO SHOOTING THE DAMN PUCK. Just a suggestion.
In other news:
• Mike Modano has completely forgotten to play defense this year, a staggering -12.
• Last week, Niklas Hagman was also vacationing in Cabo, and not one person noticed.
• Loyal reader Afino contests that the Stars have had approximately 531 skates in the crease this season.
• When the Cowboys last won a playoff game, Stars defenseman Matt Niskanen was 10 years old.
• Marty Turco has really let himself go.